Ease of Doing Business
This budget ensures that Mauritius remains among the most business-friendly countries in the world.
- It will henceforth not cost a single rupee to start a business and incorporate a company in Mauritius
- The Bank of Mauritius will ensure that a bank account can be opened within 1 week, be it for an individual or a business.
- Support businesses by enabling them to recruit talents under the young professional occupation permit.
Financial Services And Asset Management
- Introduction of a domestic minimum top-up tax on resident companies, of large multinationals having a global annual revenue of a minimum of EUR750 Mn, to ensure that they are taxed at a minimum of 15%.
- Work and Residence Permits for 5 executives and their dependents per holders of Global Headquarters Administration Licence.
- Foreign employers of Premium Visa Holders will not, in respect of that employee, be subject to corporate tax and social security contributions.
Residential Real Estate for Mauritians
- The homeownership and home loan schemes, for the Mauritians buying a house, an apartment, or bare land to build their home will be maintained for Mauritian buyers with a 5% refund up to Rs500 000 till the 30th June 2023.
- Value Added Tax | The refund of VAT on the construction of a residential house, apartment, and building will be effected not later than 30 days from the date of receipt of all documents in support of an application for refund instead of 30 days from the date of receipt of the application.
- To attract more foreign retirees to Mauritius, the Economic Development Board will organize the first edition of the Mauritius International Silver Economy Festival.